The Best Truck Accident Lawyers of Southern California/Orange County Area
Truck accidents involving large or commercial trucks in California are usually serious and fatal. Trucks are a growing motorist group using Californian highways, and commercial trucking accidents occur frequently in the Orange County region. According to the California Highway Patrol, there are more than 300 fatal truck accidents in the state every year and more than 5,000 injury accidents. If you or your loved one has been involved in a truck accident, an Orange County truck accident injury lawyer can help you understand your legal options and rights and help you get better reimbursement.
Causes of Truck Accidents in Orange County
There are many possible causes of truck accidents and every case is unique, but there are many common factors that contribute to truck accidents in Orange County:
- Fatigued Driver. Truck drivers often drive long distanced for long hours. While truckers are required to obey federal rules regarding how long they can remain on the road and work without rest, sometimes drivers falsify logs or drive longer than they should to meet deadlines, which increases the accident risk.
- Speeding. Tractor-trailers take longer to stop on flat roads than passenger vehicles. Truckers who drive too fast or move too fast downhill may cause an accident if they lose control around a turn or rear-end a vehicle.
- Improper loading. How balanced or imbalanced a trailer has been loaded can affect how well it will run on road. A trailer that is loaded improperly can cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle. Many jackknifing accidents are the result of an overloaded or improperly loaded commercial truck.
- Poor maintenance. Many truck accidents in California are the result of poor truck maintenance, particularly tire and brake failure.
- Reckless Driving. A tired driver or an irritated driver can cause fatal accident too.
- Driving while impaired
Liability for California Truck Accidents
Truck accident injury claims are often complex because there are many liable parties involved, not just the drivers. A truck driver may be liable for his or her negligence in the accident, but the trucking company may also be liable for negligent hiring, driver training or truck maintenance. The truck owner can be responsible for an accident if the truck was not properly maintained and the manufacturer of the commercial truck may be responsible if a defective part contributed to the accident.
Contact a Truck Accident Attorney in Orange County
If you recently were a part of truck accident in Orange County, it is important to seek expert legal advice quickly because your rights may be affected by decisions you make following the accident. It is very common for insurance companies to offer a low settlement and accepting an offer or making a statement to the insurance company can reduce or forfeit your right to additional reimbursement. Contact an experienced Orange County truck accident injury attorney at Rawa Law Group today for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Other Cities That We Service: Santa Ana, Anaheim, Irvine, Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Oceanside
Orange, Fullerton, Costa Mesa, Mission Viejo, Westminster, Newport Beach