Discover the Top 18 Wheeler Truck Accidents Attorney Los Angeles CA
Every year, over 3 million semi trucks travel more than 94 billion miles throughout the country. While 18 wheelers are an important part of our economy and deliver goods and food to communities throughout the country, their size and weight mean 18 wheeler accidents are often devastating. California has the second-highest commercial truck accident fatality rate in the United States and the third-highest number of registered semi trucks. About 1 out of every 8 traffic fatalities involve a semi truck in California. If you or someone you love has been hurt in an 18 wheeler accident in Los Angeles, a personal injury attorney can help you explore your legal options and hold the responsible party accountable for your injuries. Causes of 18 Wheeler Accidents in Los Angeles As with auto accidents, commercial truck accidents are usually caused by human error. Truck drivers as well as passenger vehicle drivers may be responsible for an accident, as well as truck manufacturers and trucking companies. Common factors involved in 18 wheeler accidents include:
- Rollover accidents are often caused by speeding, sudden braking, or high winds. When an 18 wheeler is involved in a rollover accident, there is a high risk of serious injury and fatalities.
- Jackknifing accidents when the trailer swings out of sync with the tractor are often caused by the trucker braking too suddenly and losing control of the vehicle.
- Blown tires can cause a truck driver to lose control.
- Lane change accidents are often caused by blind spots. Truck drivers rely on their side mirrors to determine when they can safely change lanes. A vehicle in the blind spot during a lane change can lead to a collision.
- Underride collisions in which a vehicle slides underneath the trailer, usually shearing off part of the passenger vehicle, are often caused by distracted drivers, speeding, and sudden braking.
Fatigued driving is another major factor in 18 wheeler accidents. Drowsy driving is a leading cause of commercial truck accidents in California, despite rules regulating how long drivers may work without breaks. Commercial truck operators have for years resisted rules attempting to regulate how much rest truck drivers get, claiming regulation reduces productivity in the industry. According to one study by the National Transportation Safety Board, fatigue plays a role in one-third of heavy truck accidents, more than drugs and alcohol. Contact a Los Angeles Heavy Truck Accident Lawyer If you or someone you love has been seriously hurt in an 18 wheeler accident, a Los Angeles heavy truck accident attorney can help you explore your legal options and seek fair compensation for your injuries and damages. Do not speak with an insurance company until you seek representation from an experienced attorney because the insurance company is not on your side. Contact Rawa Law Group for a free consultation with an 18 wheeler accident injury lawyer in Los Angeles to discuss your case.
Other Cities That We Service: Long Beach, Glendale, Lancaster, Palmdale, Pomona, Torrance
Escondido, Pasadena, El Monte, Downey, Inglewood, West Covina, Norwalk, Burbank, Compton, South Gate
Carson, Santa Monica, Whittier, Hawthorne, Alhambra, Buena Park, Lakewood