The Foremost Motorcycle Accident Attorney in San Bernardino
California has more licensed motorcyclists than any other state in the country and it’s no surprise given our beautiful weather and scenic roads: it’s always motorcycle season in California! Unfortunately, this does not mean our roads are also the safest for motorcyclists. In 2013 alone, more than 93,000 motorcyclists were killed or injured in auto accidents according to Department of Transportation (DOT) data. Due to rising gas prices, leading to more drivers utilizing low mileage alternatives such as motorcycles and scooters, these numbers may continue to rise.
California is unique due to its lane splitting law that allows motorcyclists to ride between traffic lanes to pass slow traffic. While this is legal, it can also be risky for motorcyclists. Motorcycle riders are among the most vulnerable motorists on the road and generally suffer more severe injuries and higher fatality rates when accidents occur. According to the government, motorcycle accidents are about 35 times more likely to result in death than car accidents.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, a motorcycle accident attorney in San Bernardino can help you protect your rights and seek fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Causes of San Bernardino Motorcycle Accidents
Even very safe motorcyclists can get into an accident. There are many factors that contribute to motorcycle accidents in San Bernardino:
- Head-on collisions: In 78% of head-on collisions, a vehicle strikes the motorcycle from the front.
- Vehicle turning left: More than 40% of motorcycle crashes involve a vehicle that is turning left, usually at an intersection or while a motorcyclist is trying to pass the vehicle. These accidents are very common because motorcyclists may be difficult for a driver to see while turning. The vehicle making the left-hand turn is usually at fault in these accidents.
- Lane splitting: Lane splitting is legal, but it often leads to accidents due to limited space to manuever and the fact that drivers do not anticipate a vehicle between lanes of traffic.
- Alcohol and speeding: Almost 50% of single-motorcycle accidents are caused by alcohol or speeding.
- Hitting a fixed object: One-quarter of motorcycle fatalities occur when the motorcyclist strikes a fixed object.
- Road hazards: Motorcycles are vulnerable to hazards on the road like gravel, uneven lane height, and oil spills. Even minor road hazards can cause a rider to be thrown from the motorcycle.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in San Bernardino
Do not speak to the insurance company without talking to a personal injury attorney in San Bernardino to protect your rights. The insurance company will seek to pay you as little as possible to settle your claim, and the settlement may not even cover your losses. Contact Rawa Law Group today for a free consultation with an experienced motorcycle injury lawyer in San Bernardino who will help you review your legal options and rights.
Other Cities That We Service: Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Victorville, Hesperia, Chino, Chino Hills