The Best Workers Compensation Attorney in Riverside CA.
Workers’ compensation is an insurance program set up by the federal government to protect employees hurt on the job with medical care and financial compensation. Every state administers its own workers’ compensation program. If you have been injured or become ill while working, you may be eligible to file a claim for workers’ comp benefits.
The Workers’ Compensation Process in Riverside
After you have been injured, you will need to go through a claims and appeal process that can seem overwhelming. The first step is notifying your employer and documenting your injury. From there, you can file a workers’ compensation claim. A workers comp attorney in Riverside can help you with your claim. After the claim is filed, you will need to comply with your employer’s and insurance carrier’s guidelines as they validate the claim. You will receive benefits once your claim is approved.
After you obtain maximum medical improvement (MMI), you will need to undergo a new physical examination by a physician. This evaluation is critical as it will impact your current and future workers’ comp benefits.
If your claim is denied, an attorney can represent you before the Appeals Board.
Do You Need a Workers’ Comp Attorney?
Many workplace injury claims can be handled on your own without the assistance of a lawyer. This includes minor injuries, injuries that do not require missing much work, when the employer admits you were hurt at work, and you do not have a pre-existing condition.
Even a mildly complex case can draw out the workers’ comp process.
There are several situations in which it is very important to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Riverside CA:
- Your settlement does not cover all medical expenses and lost wages. If the settlement is not enough, do not rely on a judge to protect you. Judges typically sign off on workers’ comp agreements as long as they are somewhat fair. An attorney will work on your behalf to seek the best settlement possible.
- Your employer has denied your claim or you do not get benefits. It’s believed that up to 80% of people who are hurt at work just accept a denied claim without appealing the decision. Many employers and insurers routinely reject claims knowing this fact.
- You cannot return to work. If your injury resulted in permanent total or partial disability, you may be eligible for lifetime weekly payments to make up for your lost wages. These cases are often very difficult to prove and get approved because they are expensive for insurance providers.
- You get Social Security benefits. If your settlement is not set up correctly, Social Security may be entitled to much of your workers’ comp benefits.
- Your employer has retaliated. If your boss has retaliated in any way, including threatening to reduce hours, pay, or fire you because you filed a claim, it is important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible.
- You may have a third-party claim. You may sue third parties whose negligence contributed to a workplace injury. A workplace accident lawyer in Riverside can help you seek compensation from third parties.
Contact a Workers’ Comp Lawyer in Riverside
Workers’ compensation claims are notoriously complex and even legitimate claims are often denied. If you were injured at work, contact an experienced workers comp lawyer in Riverside CA as soon as possible to protect your rights.
Contact Rawa Law Group today by clicking here to schedule a free consultation with an attorney to discuss your case. Sometimes workplace accidents can happen when it comes to heavy equipment accidents happen.
Other Cities That We Service: Moreno Valley, Corona, Murrieta, Temecula, Hemet